Friday, September 17, 2021

Photo Assignment #2, Nash

Portraits

For this assignment, I chose my grandma. She's 73 and absolutely loves sewing. She learned it from her mother and has passed the talent down to both my mother and me. She and I worked on a quilt that hangs in my room today. She has participated in numerous sewing guilds around the state. She also came in 2nd place in a sewing completion in Savage, Maryland. 


When I was younger she would always take me to help out. I decided to choose her because she normally doesn't like to take photos. Sewing is something I cherish that she and I have done together through the years. I love you grandma!


My grandmother taking measurements
for a quilt she is making for a friend.



My grandma likes Westerns, so she is in her
zone right now. I told her to, "do your normal thing."

She's taking her measurements!

This is her drawing lines on one block she is working on
and moving to the next image. 

This is one of my grandma's favorite sewing machines. 
It's a Bernina that she's had for a pretty long time. She does have
an older one, but this is her jam! She's in the process of taking out pins as she goes. 
If you don't it can knock the whole machine out of alignment.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment