Sunday, May 19, 2024

Assignment #2 (Resubmission) - Balignot

This is my friend Jelani Lee, a dancer from New York who's pursuing a degree in Psychology at Washington Adventist University. I met Jelani my sophomore year when he joined the UMD-based dance team, GGWB, which I'm also a part of. Jelani and I make a funny pair as I'm usually the one with the camera, and he's the one usually dressed up and willing to take photos. Although he's a very mellow and even-keeled person, he always takes pride in his sense of style which plays very well with his musicality as a dancer, resulting in consistently visually appealing performances. For this assignment, I chose photos taken of Jelani in a setting related to dance, be it before, during or after a performance, while also highlighting his fashion sense.


A portrait of Jelani taken right before he went on stage for a dance competition.


To celebrate a successful dance showcase, him and I, along with some other friends, went out to get dinner in Virginia.


During the filming of a teaser for GGWB's Ultimate Showcase, I caught him in a moment of thought.


While out with friends, Jelani realized he had an audition video due for a GGWB performance, so he had to film it in D.C.



A random portrait of Jelani taken before he went to go to dance practice at the Clarice Performing Arts building.

No comments:

Post a Comment